Are You an Alcoholic?
TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION,
ASK YOURSELF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS,
AND ANSWER AS HONESTLY AS YOU CAN.
1. Do you lose time from work due to drinking?
2. Is drinking making your home life unhappy?
3. Do you drink because you are shy with other people?
4. Is drinking affecting your reputation?
5. Have you ever felt remorse after drinking?
6. Have you gotten into financial difficulties as a result of drinking?
7. Do you turn to lower companions and an inferior environment when drinking?
8. Does your drinking make you careless of your families welfare?
9. Has your ambition decreased since drinking?
10. Do you crave a drink at a definite time daily?
11. Do you want a drink the next morning?
12. Does drinking cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
13. Has your efficiency decreased since drinking?
14. Is drinking jeopardizing your job or business?
15. Do you drink to escape from worries or troubles?
16. Do you drink alone?
17. Have you ever had a complete loss of memory as a result of drinking?
18. Has your physician ever treated you for drinking?
19. Do you drink to build up our self-confidence?
20. Have you ever been to a hospital or institute on account of drinking?
If you have answered YES to any one of these questions, there is a definite warning that YOU may be alcoholic.
If you have answered YES to any two, the chances are that you are an alcoholic
If you have answered YES to any three or more, You are definitely an alcoholic.
The above TEST Questions are used by John Hopkins Hospital Baltimore MD